Thursday, April 20

Desperate Housewife: Day 1

Today is the first day of my leave! Actually it is vacation time at this point but day 1 of my 13 weeks leave. I hope West gets here soon so that he can enjoy the time off with me. I worry that he won't show up until super late and then we will hardly have any time together at all. Either way I can't work anymore. The travel is insane and my back/hips/baby boy can't handle sitting in the car another second. Hurry up West!!!!

So on Day 1 on my housewifery I was determined to get a ton done so I can move on to more fun projects. Today: Laundry (partial check), clean the kitchen up (check), clean up the bedroom (check by default- since I did the laundry). There is also a nasty rumor that I spent a good hour or two mindlessly playing in the nursery with baby clothes, practicing diapering on GoGi (the Goofy Giraffe), trying the new diaper covers that just arrived on GoGi, and then seeing if he would fit into the HotSling wearing all the afore mentioned items. I am not going to confirm or deny this rumor except to say that the darn dogs are lousy at keeping secrets! I will also say that the cloth diapering thing take a few trys to perfect on a giraffe... hopefully the same techniques work on a baby. I have invited Lily over this weekend for her to be a test baby, she has done such a stellar job testing out the stroller and Amby that I doubt she will let me down when testing out the sling.

Once all the house work is done, I have a huge list of projects to get done before West arrives. I think that these distractions will keep my mind off the fact that everyday I am off work with out West is a day I will be working after he arrives. Also I will be able to look back on this time as productive instead of a waste. I am hoping to work on various writing ideas including my book, finish up house projects, and one big secret surprise for Wade that hopefully I can get underway first of the next week. (It is going to make him crazy to know something big is in the works... I LOVE suprises!)

Also a note: I think Westbrook just moved back to head up position or he is shaking his groove thang to Madonna's "Like a Prayer."

5 comments:

  1. Tell those silly dogs that it is completely normal to dress giraffes and put them in baby slings :)

    Enjoy this time too, soon your life will evolve entirely around someone else. Pamper yourself with the remaining time and just know that you will be meeting West soon enough.

    That said, i felt just like you on maternity leave: I was READY for that baby to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap! I just looked at your ticker: 37 weeks...FULL TERM!!!!!

    Now, West, you'd better get moving!

    When is your next Dr Appt so you can see if they can take him early?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:30 PM

    Hey, Robert and I used to call our Grandfather "Pappy". Why don't you try that out on Boxley. Thinking of all of you in team Llewellyn and wish I was there as part of the team to help though god knows what I could do. Love, Aunt Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:15 PM

    Hey Mary.....sounds like you've got the right idea....cleaning and projects as it will be the last for a LONG time...but get some rest along the way. Thinking of you and your family with love and prayers. Will be anxious to see Westbrook. If I can help in ANY way, you have my number. Was so good seeing all of you in Charlotte. Go TEAM LLEWELLYN! You never cease to amaze me!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:26 PM

    Hey Mary...Pam again. Just some thoughts on names for your mom and dad. You have a Grandma Llew so now you could have a Mama Llew and Papa Llew. We are "grandmama" and "grandaddy" just like grandmama and grandaddy Chandler. The most wonderful words ever heard from a child. Sometimes, they'll come up with their own names....my mother was Nee Nee; my cousin's MeMe. One never knows. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete