Wade's Dad will be called Captain- due to the greek fishing cap that he wears at all times.
My Mom wants to be called something that doesn't sound old, silly, or typical. My Grandmother already has the market on Grandma Llew so Wade and I are thinking JLlew. (Kidding of course...suggestions welcome)
My Dad voiced his opinion for his own name... The Supreme Commander. Not sure how serious he was but it is sticking. There is a problem with the name... can you picture a five year old boy running towards his grandpa in the park yelling "Supreme Commander, did you see me on the monkey bars?" Just what would people think. We have settled, tentatively, on Suppy which is equally silly and ridiculous but at least Child Services & the FBI won't be called on us as a potential underground militant clan. My sister (and mother to be in November!) hates the name and refuses to acknowledge anything other than the ideas of Grandpa or Grandpa Llew, but we will work on her.The ultrasound is in 30 minutes!!!!!
In my defense... Dad is far too sophisticated himself for a name that rhymes with "guppy"
ReplyDeleteWhat about "Taid" which is welsh for grandfather? http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/wales/learnwelsh/welsh_dictionary.pl?gair=grandfather
Waiting to hear from you....Can't wait to meet my nephew!!!
Melissa
Maybe your mom could be a combination name like : Llewma ( I thought that was better than the opposite-Grew :)
ReplyDeleteMy parents wanted to be Grandmommy and Granddaddy. I thought those were to long and boring so I shortened it to Grommy and changed Larry to Papa-razzi (because of his picture taking of Kirby). So really you can go with anything. We call my dad Papa John, which I like cause it's like the pizza--I'm always in favor of pizza.
I think Suppy is cute. :)