Monday, March 2

The Ugly T Word

I like to joke that I got the bum heart, the bad eyes, the pale skin, and the crappy metabolism while my brothers got all the good stuff.

I had hoped and prayed when I was carrying my kids that they would both get Wade's lovely tan skin, his naturally highlighted hair and understanding of all things physics. Above all, his working heart. From me, I wanted them to get freckles & for Llandis to get my curves after she turns 30. I never thought to pray for good tonsils. Turns out I gave them bum tonsils AND pale skin.

Llandis is going to need her tonsils pulled as soon as she is old enough. The doc said there is clearly a genetic issue with both kids tonsils not healing. The dang things were so swollen this morning she wasn't eating... you know she NEVER misses a meal!

Ah well. Not the biggest problem they could get. The jury is still out on the hair. WB got it plus the bonus mystery red. Llandis is looking like she is going to go childhood stringy like me but it gets thicker every few days. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment