Saturday, April 18

Overwhelmed

The level of perfection around here is astounding. Llandis has been even brighter and more beautiful that ever. We had a fabulous girls day involving shopping (IKEA!), eating (homemade chocolate chip rice crispy treats), napping (4+ hours for her, working out for me), and hanging out. She is so much more than I ever guessed a daughter could be. I started crying big fat ugly tears when I put her to bed tonight. She was kissing my neck and chin while saying love*. She overwhelms me.

In other news, Westbrook is also the picture of a son lately. Yesterday, while Llandis napped, I let him skip the nap to help me make Chex Mix and previously mentioned marshmallowy treats. Westbrook told me I looked like a pretty butterfly in the sunshine in my yellow skirt and favorite apron. He wore a doggie bib that squeaks when you touch the nose as his apron. We had a blast working together in the kitchen. He told me all about his day at school with his friends while we poured and stirred everything together. He stood at the sink washing dishes** talking about his upcoming camping trip with Daddy. Today, he thanked me for each part of his lunch individually which just about caused heart failure. “Oh Mommy, thank you for my watermelon. Oh Mommy, thank you for my dipping sauce and crunchies (hummus & carrots). Wow Mommy, thank you my egg. I really like it. Thank you sooooo much. I am so happy right now.” He takes my breath away.

Tonight, I will thank my lucky stars.



*ok, she was also saying “crackers” but I won’t let that ruin the moment.
**aka playing at the sink when it is full of dirty dishes

1 comment:

  1. This is such a wonderful way to be overwhelmed. I love your family. :o)

    ReplyDelete