Sunday, January 3

10 Years

Here we are in 2010... a new decade. The last decade was pretty profound. My life changed more than it probably will in any other decade. For a friend's website, I did a quick snapshot of the main events in the last ten years. The transition from college junior to wife & mother is pretty overwhelming.

In the last ten years, I...

  • Turned 21
  • Woke up every morning for 3 months staring at the Twin Towers- they were gone a month after I left NYC
  • Graduated college
  • Eagerly started my career
  • Got married
  • Changed career paths to be both proud of the work I do and successful at the same time
  • Bought our first house on our first wedding anniversary
  • Days later, heard "they think it's cancer" and actually laughed because it sounded ridiculous
  • Had two healthy, happy, perfect babies
  • Watched both of my brothers grow into fine men
  • Made the bestest best friend a girl can have
  • Said goodbye to Drew and any optimistic innocence I had left
  • Discovered that without a sense of humor motherhood will kill you
  • Watched my sister finally become the mother to more kids than any of us could handle (yet she can)
  • Did not turn 30. That's for this decade. (Just in case you were wondering.) ((I know, I know. I look really young for my age. No stop. You flatter me. It's embarrassing. Really.)) (((Keep going)))((((.... even if you are lying.))))


No comments:

Post a Comment