Monday, May 31

That's What She Said

While I was brushing Llandis' hair in the bathroom:
LL: What dis, Mama
ME: That's daddy's deodorant.
LL: Oh, it smell like Dadda going to work.


At Target/On the Train/Riding in the Car/Anywhere/Anytime:
LL: Ohhhmygoodness.
LL: Oh, Momma, Oh. My. Goodness.
LL: Oh, pretty. So beautiful. Ohmygoodnesssssss.



As I put her down for a nap:
LL: Mama, you share sleep with me? Share sleep in my bed?
ME: I wish I could but I have to go help Wookie.
LL: He fiiiiiine. You share sleep wiiiiiiith meeeee. (cue cute smile and eyelash fluttering


At midnight, completely asleep stiff as a board in my arms with her legs stretched out and her arms above her head:

LL: I am not dofus!



At one am, sleeping but flailing:
LL: Noooo. That is my cheese. Mine. Mine. No. My cheese. I want cheese.


One thirty, head banging the headboard and reaching in the air for a mystery prize:
LL: Momma, no. My mommy. Mine. My mommy mommy. Yes. No. Mine.


Two am, after kicking me in the face eleven million times:
LL: That. Is. My. Cheese.



Three am, sleep log rolling from one side of the king size bed to the other:
LL: No. Mommy. Wookie. Where Mommy? No. No. My cheese.


(We are working the kamikaze sleep talking/crawling situation. I would love any tips if anyone has helped a child get through it or helped yourself by padding the kid's room and sleeping through the madness/sadness.)

No comments:

Post a Comment