Friday, May 28

There is no camera that can capture these moments

There are a handful of moments that are a part of my memory forever. For example, the first time I saw Wade across the ASU gym and knew with 100% certinaty that I was looking at the rest of my life. * There was also the first time I saw Westbrook and Llandis's squirmy newborn faces and the way they each felt in my arms.

Along the way, they have each produced incredible memories that we have tried to capture on camera. With nearly 3000 photos taken just by us in 2010 thus far, we have tried really hard to get it all. Still, there are things that we could not capture even if we had a full-time photographer following us around. Llandis and Westbrook both gave me those moments today.

Gram took the kids to the bounce house while I was working. I decided to join them because I missed the little bugs. Llandis was wearing the most beautiful yellow dress and colorful tutu. She was dancing in the middle of the play area when she spotted me. She ran at top speed with a smile. Her arms were flailing. Her legs were all over. She screamed Mama with her happiest high pitched squeal. Simply put... she was perfection. Even if I had a real camera or better yet, a video camera, there would be no way to capture her joy. As she hugged me she said "I'm happy, Mama." Just try to top that... I dare you.

Westbrook tried. I climbed in the big bounce house with him in hopes of carving out a little one-on-one time. Llandis was baby stalking** an 18 month old so I knew she would be occupied and allow me some time with my little guy. Westbrook and I wrestled around.*** There were a few painful knee knocks and head butts. We talked about preschool, summer vacation, and his impending year at Montessori school. With a scrunched up face, Westbrook looked my way asking "Will you sing?" He laid down on top of me with his head on my shoulder and feet past my knees. I sang a few verses of our favorite song while rubbing his back and he played with my hair. Love is so sweet.

Llandis never stopped moving long enough for a picture.





*Also, I can picture his name "Wade Cox" our dorm room message board after he called. Since I knew we were going to get married, I was devastated that this meant I would never be able to name a child Boxley. Boxley Cox? I think not. It has been almost 12 years since I realized I would never have a son named Boxley and I am still not 100% over it. One day. Fortunately, Wade is worth it :)

**Llandis must stay as close to all babies as possible. She will test the limits of how close she is allowed so you must watch her closely. Her obsession started with the twins, has progressed to cousin Lily, and at this point is a full on addiction.

***Westbrook: "You are not a good wrestler like Uncle Ben but it is still fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment