Sunday, August 15

Don't worry, Mama

I took the kids to Target tonight which was a colossal mistake. Before we left I thought through my plan... go to Target to get a few things with two tired, hungry, and bored kids. Bad. Idea. Baaaaaaaaad. So bad. But I went anyway because, like the kids, I spent the majority of the day inside and I needed to get out.

An hour later I nearly threw myself into oncoming cart traffic on the way to checkout. The trip sounded something like this: Westbrook come here. Llandis, stop. Yes, I see Mickey Mouse on the box but don't touch it again. Westbrook, once again, do not stand on the side of the cart. Llandis. Westbrook. Hands on the cart. Please y'all stop. Please.

At one point Llandis decided to go for a run. Her punishment was to ride miserably on my hip while screaming her head off. I was that mom.

Hot, miserable and sweating, I loaded the kids in the car. Llandis asked for "a something special please my mommy." Um, no. My response: "No chance. You were very bad listeners in the store. I am disappointed in you both." Westbrook didn't miss a beat: "It's ok, Mama. We are cute and you love us. Don't worry, Mama. We still love you too."

As if to apologize for her awful behavior, Llandis cuddled in next to me on the couch later. She feel asleep with her precious little golden curls spread out all over my arm. She snored softly and buried herself deeper.

It is ok. She is cute. I do love her. Thankfully, after a long day she still loves me.

1 comment:

  1. Those moments/days are so frustrating. But that is what matters, at the end we all still love each other. :)

    ReplyDelete