Thursday, August 26

First Day of School!

Bright and early breakfast!
I think Llandis was more excited than Westbrook this morning. She carried his bag and lunch box around the house. Westbrook insisted she be in the pictures with him. (Gram got better ones, I will ad those later)
WB jumping in front of the slightly dissembled pink tower. I will hopefully remember to take a picture in front of the tower for the next few years to track how big the kids are getting.
Note the Spider-Man stickers on his pants


At Montessori it is really stressed that kids be independent. The teacher was very clear that WB should be dropped off in the carpool line the first morning. Parents that walk their kids inside are not allowed to come in the classroom door. We have been talking about what the first morning will entail. He was adamant that he was not going through car line. I have been terrified that he was going to be "that kid" that freaked out on his first day.

You can see his level of freak out: Zero!
He got a little pale for a second before one of the teachers helped him to his room.
You can't really see him but he is holding the hand of the lady in purple. So yes, I stalked him to his room (whatever).
After the PTO breakfast I overheard the teacher saying that all the kids cried today. I started to get tears in my eyes. I asked her if Westbrook cried and she said no. He spelled his name, twice. He told her his sister's name and age. He talked about the book "Where the Wild Things Are" and about the wild thing dolls his Granna gave him. He also thanked her for walking him to his room even though he knew where he was going... "Room 1 and 9, that's 19."

Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment