Tuesday, April 18

Baby drama

Westbrook thinks he is funny or he just wanted us to get a sneak peak at what a good looking fellow he is going to be. Either way, he made the big turn on his own! I know exactly when it happened too. At the hospital the other night he made a strange, strong movement that had him sticking out of my right side so far that my dad ran into the hall to get mom and Drew's girlfriend Jordan almost called the nurse. Everything I have read says it takes up to 24 hours of painful, contraction like movement for a baby his size to make the turn on their own but Westbrook did it in about 5 minutes. It hurt pretty badly and completely exhausted me. My mom actually had to drive me home because I was so woozy.

So there is a new plan... wait. The ultrasound showed that he is big already (8lbs, 9oz), everything looks like it should, and he is already really low. All good news, unless you consider that I want an epidural free birth and he is already huge. We are going to talk to the doctor on Wednesday of next week about possibly inducing a week early to avoid having 20lb baby and so Drew can hang out with him before heading to Duke. We shall see. Until then it is stairs, walking, swimming, and anything that will possibly induce labor!

Wade will scan the pictures of West that we got today. He is so cute with his super chubby face!!

Oh, and no c-section!!!! (at least not a planned one)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Oh my gosh!! I am so happy for you! I remember you telling me how much that movement hurt and I remember thinking Lily got uncomfortable at times, but never that painful. I'm glad you figured out what he was doing in there!

    Your ticker says 23 days to go, I can't believe how close you are! The good news is that ultrasounds at this point can be up to a pound off in either direction, so maybe West is smaller than 8 lbs. Even if he's 7 lbs, he's a HUGE baby already. Good luck with that natural birthing thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!!! I'm so glad West turned on his own. I was hoping that all my c-section talk would get West moving. :) Don't worry, plenty of women have big babies naturally. My mom had me naturally and I was over 10lbs. She even took a walk right after. I am so happy things are working out like you wanted. I know you can make it through a natural labor. We will continue praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:48 AM

    Bless your heart! I feel your pain! I agree with Melissa on the names.. stick with simple Grandma & Granddaddy! Better yet, you may be pleasantly surprized as Westbrook may name them for you and I promise, whatever he comes up with it will stick!! Both of my boys chose the names for my parents, David's parents and David's granny! I wish you luck and I can't wait to meet Westbrook. Hang in there!
    Love to all...
    Cousin Christy

    ReplyDelete